.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Rielley Family Blog

A General Blog for my family.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Arrival

Hi All;

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Steve and I live in the Sutton, MA area on the weekends and Netcong, NJ on the weekdays. I have a lovely wife and two step-sons (we'll see if I can get them to post here as well). Why do I have such a long commute? This is because I am a software engineer working at the Picatinny Arsenal. This means I get to drive north Friday night so I can visit with my family in Sutton. Then do the reverse on Sunday night. Fun, I know. Fortunately, Cyn, my wife, belongs to Audiable.com and she loads my MP3 player with some nice books so I don't go radio search crazy on the drive.

This brings up my next passion: Books. I love books. If I don't have a stack of books by my bed, something is wrong. Usually it’s a science fiction book, but there are smatterings of Dean Koontz, computer science books, cook books and a few other types laying around. I'm currently reading "Star Well" by Alexei Panshin. I'm listening to "Until I Find You: A Novel" by John Irving right now on the Otis (MP3 player). Now, normally I would be hunkered down and finish it ASAP, enthralled by a new novel by Irving (loved Garp and Owen Meany) but this one is starting to sound repetitive and well, boring.

Besides books, I love watching movies. I drive my Netflix account pretty hard, going thru at least 4 DVD's a week. Tonight, it's The Longest Yard (2005) . Now, don't get me wrong, I love the original version with Burt Reynolds, it being right up there with Slap Shot for best sports movies. I'll let you know what I think after viewing the movie. Besides that, I'm power rushing thru the Smallville DVDs. I'm almost through the third season's DVDs. Yes, its full of teen angst but they have done a good job up to now depicting nicer and nicer people. Oh, before I go and get some sleep, if you haven't checked out Firefly, I would do so soon. The motion picture Serenity is being released 9/30/2005 in the US. I think you will enjoy the movie more with a solid background the Firefly DVDs do.

Well, I'm starting to fade and am in impending danger of waking up later with QWERTY embedded in my forehead.

SPR

Filmography links and data courtesy of The Internet Movie Database.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Rielley said...

Oh he thinks his wife is lovely, smooch, he has not seen her since she dyed her hair last night.....

9/22/2005 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home